US

US

Thursday, September 22, 2011

So Creative and a Mess a Minute

‘Too often we give children answers to remember rather than problems to solve.’
Roger Lewin

Erin came home from school yesterday chattering about a doll with a backpack that the little girl who sits next to her had brought to school.  And the doll could wear the backpack, and the backpack opened, and there was a little notebook inside, and there was a pen inside, and you could play school with the doll, or camping with the doll...and, and, and, and.....AND Can you buy me one mommy?  Um, I don't know, probably not.  You have a lot of dolls, honey.

Off I went to bookclub and did not think any more about it.  Well, this morning this is what she showed me.

Mommy, remember I was telling you about that doll?  Remember I wanted you to get me one?  Well, let me show you what I did while you were at bookclub last nite...


Yup, she made a backpack for her teddy bear.  That there's a plastic Easter egg and those yellow things....straws, attached with tape.


The egg, I mean backpack, opens and there is a folder and a pen inside.


Tell me no and I'll find a way.

Eoin still plays with his toys in droves......



finding ways to stuff them ALL in...


anywhere he can. 

And Bridgie.....



there are no words...

Only video...







only mud.  She's ready for employment at Melcin's diner pouring mud coffee.




Daddy to the clean up rescue!!!


Ahh...that's better.  Already helping with the laundry.



Be present.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.