In the rain....
This is is what some of the sidewalk around Crofton Parkway looked like last nite.
AT MIDNIGHT.
How would I know you ask?
Well......
I went to the new house around 8:30 pm to finish some cleaning and other such things and around midnight decided to call it a day.
When I had arrived I parked the van in the garage and closed the garage door.
So, I used the button on the wall to open the garage door and climbed in the door....
This is nice, I thought, until clunk ca lunk and the garage door slams to the floor.
Ugh.
So I tried to manually lift the door, but it would not stay up.
I tried one more time using the step ladder for leverage and then when it did not work and I brought it back down it got stuck.
Oh, well, I'll leave it alone lest I break it and I'll just walk home.
I left the house through the front door.
And started Schleppin' in the rain the almost 2 miles to my house.
This is kinda fun, walkin in the rain.
5 minutes later.
This is really dumb, and really creepy, and it's cold, and these shoes suck.
5 minutes later.
This is really really not smart, I should call someone. Who am I gonna call?
I'll freak my parents out, Jerry can't leave the kids, Tim might hurt me, and by the time Deke gets out the door and over here I'll be home.
I think I'll dial 9-1 on the phone and walk with my thumb on the number 1, just in case.
The rest of the way home I had a running dialogue of what I shoulda, coulda, woulda done and that I definitely would not want Erin doing this when she is older.
Alas, we live in Crofton and I made it home in one piece.
Just wet and cold.
I guess we shall just call it
Polar Bear Plunge Training!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.