An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Every so often an old plantar fasciitis injury flares up in one or both of my feet, so I try to prevent too much flare up by icing my feet after every run. Lately, Eoin has taken to my routine.
When I walk in the door after a run he says "where's the bucket, mom?" So, we find the bucket and he takes it to the freezer where I dump some ice into it. Then he carries it to the sink and I fill it up. Then he says "Mommy needs a towel" and he gets me a beach towel from the mud room.
I sit in the recliner, put the towel down, put the bucket on top, pull my sock off my heel but leave it covering my toes, look at Eoin and say "Ready, 1, 2, 3, aahahahhahah" as I plunge my foot into the icy water. Eoin joins me in the ahhhh part.
Here is a picture presentation of his participation during the 15 minute ice session.
Yes, he is eating the ice that my foot is in. But don't worry, he has already had water from the hose.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.