Meditate.
Live purely. Be quiet.
Do your work with mastery.
Like the moon, come out
from behind the clouds!
Shine
Buddha
Live purely. Be quiet.
Do your work with mastery.
Like the moon, come out
from behind the clouds!
Shine
Buddha
Despite a 6:20 am wake up call by a very excited Erin and a not so gracious display of waking up by Mommy, Mother's Day turned out to be a good day. Erin went to homestead gardens with our neighbors on Saturday and she picked out this flower for me, that she hid in the garage. It was a BIG secret. "It is not a flower mommy, and it is not in a pot, and it is not on the shelf". In typical Erin fashion, she could not wait one more second for me to turn off the alarm so she could go in the garage and get the plant. I told her to wake up Daddy and when she did he told her it was too early. And in typical Jerry form he went back to sleep. This resulted in about 5 wake ups by Erin, until I finally stomped to the kitchen and turned off the alarm and made my own dern coffee!!! I quickly lost the grumblies and apologized to Erin for being so grumpy when I saw her little face light up when she gave me the flower she picked out all by herself. While Mother's Day is just another day to me, to her it is a momentous, exciting, adventure.
Erin made this bracelet for me. It says "mom". "Mommy, we did not have any "m" beads so I used the u and the v upside down to make one m and a w upside down for the other." I LOVE this. This is a sign to me that she is a thinker, a problem solver, and very resourceful. This makes my heart feel super happy!
These are a few of my favorite things. Can you find them in the picture?
Coffee, hopscotch, biking, m-n-m's, tulips, swimming and running at the same time, AND Michael Jackson!
Erin and McKenzie helping me with baby Bridgie
Jerry's contribution!
Does not get any better than this.
Mary Jean Iron




OMG, I love it!!! So darned cute...
ReplyDelete