US

US

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Thoughts on Kindergarten....


Erin:  "Mommy who do I look like?"
Me: Ummm, Dora?
Erin:  "No, an expert camper of course!"
Erin: rushes out of the bathroom
Me: burst into tears in the shower

This is my girl Erin. 
My first born. 
The person who made me a mommy.
The person who has changed my life the most.
My biggest helper.
The best big sister to Eoin and Bridgie


My best friend.
Kindergarten is Friday.
I am nervous, anxious, and self-doubting.
I am going to miss her.
I will be lonely.
I will feel like something is missing all day long.
I probably won't eat much or do much that day.
I will be waiting.
And waiting.
And waiting.
I will be at the bus stop 15 minutes early.
I will be nervous, anxious, and self-doubting.


She will be fine.
She will probably love it.
Her teacher will be so smart and funny.
She will make a friend.
She will be a kindergartner.



I would love to tell you that I am okay with all of the kindergarten stuff and that I think it is so exciting.  I wish I could lie and tell you that.  I wish that I believed that public or private education was good enough for my child.  I wish that I could tell you I thought "school" was good for her.  I wish that my faith in other people was stronger.  I believe in God and I know God and that is why I will put her on that bus with that bus driver that I do not know.  And I will pray that he does not decide to drive off into the sunset with my child, my best friend, my life. 

And I will pray.
And I will pray.
And I will pray.

And I will put on a brave face.  And I will listen to her.  And I will learn from her.  And I will advocate for her in any fashion necessary.  And we will both grow.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
Jeremiah 29:11




1 comment:

  1. first of all, those pics of Bridgie below? adorable!
    and Kinder will be great...(just ignore my post...my first son loved it from the beginning!) You're going to do great...be strong mama! No tears until after she's gone....

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.