US

US

Thursday, December 13, 2012

SIMP

 
Squirrels in My Pants
SIMP
 
 
 
 


Jerry, uh I mean the kids really like a show on the Disney Channel called Phineas and Ferb.  I am usually doing things like dishes or laundry and only pick up on some of the things they find so humorous.  However, there is one episode that I happened to see in it's entirety.

Squirrels in my Pants, probably not the episode name but definitely the main purpose of the episode.  Candice, the older sister of Phineas and Ferb, finds herself in the park while trying to wrangle the little sister of her hearts desire, Jeremy.

Somehow she winds up with an acorn in her pants and so begins the hilarious dance moves of Candice.

To me the video, alone, is not as funny as the kids watching the video, dancing, and laughing their pants off because of it.

So, yesterday I had to change my plans and get Eoin to the Doctor because of  Coins in his Cast.

Yup, CIHC

Coins in his Cast

At around 8 pm the night before I was laying with Eoin getting him ready for bed when I heard a strange squeaking sound and alot of rustling.

"Eoin, what are you doing?"
"Mommy, I have coins in my cast?"

I did not have to ask any further questions, I knew.

Erin and Jerry had been counting coins as part of her homework and then Erin and Eoin had created a game with the coins and tossing those coins.

At some point it seemed like a good idea, to Eoin, to put two coins in his cast.

Back in the bedroom, I could not contain myself, as visions of Eoin James (and coins) danced in my head.

I came out to find Jerry and we just cracked up at the latest of the EJ Escapades.

I sent Jerry in with a back scratcher to try to remedy the situation, but he realized instantly that it was too big and not a very good idea.

Jerry got Eoin to sleep and I posted Eoin's marvelous scheme on Facebook.

Thank God for Sharese White, the good doctor, for urging me to take him to the Doctor the next morning.

Honestly, I would have waited until next Wednesday, our regularly scheduled appointment, to deal with it.

Meaning I did not realize it was something to 'deal with'.

I am so thankful to Sharese and for facebook because when the cast was removed, less than 15 hours later, one of the quarters had left a crater, with black edges, and blisters forming by his wrist.  It was so tightly wedged in there.

The second quarter was up by the top of the cast near his tricep, which was much looser, and did not leave a mark.

Little did I know that if I had left them unattended for the week I had planned the skin would have started to grow around the coin.

Yikes,  thankful once again.

CIMC

Coins in my Cast

As we waited for the tech to cut off the cast, Eoin was wiggling on the table and shaking his cast seeing if he could hear them clank.  He was then shaking his mullet and his hair was flying all around his face and he was giggling so hard.

I started singing:

Coins in my cast, coins in my cast.
Only Eoin Jamesy would put coins in his cast.
C to the I to the M to the C

We both started laughing and singing and I realized what an amazing little man I have in my life.

All of the, female, staff love Eoin. The secretaries came in to see him and the techs he has seen in previous visits, and the doctor who normally does not crack a smile, gave Eoin a little smirk.

And I gave him the 2 quarters as a tip.

We lucked out, Eoin got cleaned up, and walked out with a new green short cast and the ability to bend his elbow again.

And we sang C to the I to the M to the C all the way to the car.

On the way home, I replayed the events of the day he broke his wrist in my head.

I marveled at the calmness of the kids in the van as I tried to figure out what to do and where to go.

How I knew instantly that it was bad by the lack of whining and the jungle scream that Eoin usually emits when he kinda hurts himself or just wants attention.

The whining jungle screaming replaced by a quiet whimper with a whisper of Mommy attached to the end.

How brave he was to sit with one of the teachers at Rolly Pollies, even though he had never met her, while I ran around getting two other kids out the door and into the van.

How when I came back in to get him he started to cry harder and gave me a faint smile and I told him to not move his hand and to take deep breaths.

How his cold, nervous, sweat lay on my own cheek and hands after I strapped him in his seat.

How Erin actually listened when I calmly stated "Eoin is really hurt so I need you to be quiet, not to cry, and not ask any questions right now".

How Bridgie needed no attention and miraculously made not a single peep over the next 30 minutes.

How Right Time could see us Right Now.

How Uncle Tim could come to the rescue of the two girls.

How Aunt Tara rushed home from her errands to take in the girls.

After all of these events lined up perfectly, there was an instant

Calming of my insides.

As I could finally scoop Eoin up into my arms and focus solely on him.

He was so amazingly sweaty as I stroked his hair and held him close.

Realizing, sadly, how long it had been since I held him like this.

I warned the nurse that he would not want the pain meds and to protect herself from the second coming...
Of medicine that is.

Amazingly, he calmly ingested all that was offered.

I told the nurse, we probably don't need an x-ray, it's broken.

But the where needed to be determined.

You may find this next statement ridiculous but consider the source.

I am thankful for Eoin's broken wrist.

I am thankful for the one on one time it has afforded the two of us.

Thankful for the realization of the beautiful boy I have in my daily midst that I take for granted.

This thankfulness and these realizations have led to some sweet times together.

Just me and him.

Moonwalks in the dark.

Seeing his shyness as I tell people what happened.

His gentle way of teaching my how to play angry birds as we wait to see doctors.

"No, mommy, not like that you silly".

Thankful for friends and family for coming to the rescue, time and again.

Thankful for Bridgie's patience at the plethora of doctor visits.

Thankful to be the whispered 'Mommy'.

Just Thankful for the

CIMC

Coins in my cast, coins in my cast,
Only Eoin Jamesie would put coins in his cast.

 
 
 


 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I would not have thought that was a big deal either! I had no idea his skin could grow around it! Yikes! Glad he is ok.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.