US

US

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Peace of Mind

 
 
Certain things need finishing
 
 
 
"Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause".  Isaiah 1:17
 
 
I have started a series of calls to AAMC to retrieve my records from Bridgie's birth.
 
To talk to people in the know about how more than a dozen medical professionals at this hospital could 'miss' the face of Down syndrome.
 
For a certain peace of mind and for the next child born without a prenatal diagnosis.
 
Let it go you might say.
 
I can't.
 
I just want to hear their stance, to learn what their protocol is in a situation like this.
 
The only thing I can think of or the only justification I can find in my limited medical brain is that because she had no serious health issues at birth or in those first 3 days that they brushed her off as 'fine'.
 
The risk for serious issues could have been there and could be in the next child.
 
I do not WANT anything from this except information.  And peace of mind.
 
The peace of being heard in hopes of this not happening to someone else.  Someone else who may not have the strength in the moment to use their own voice.
 
 
While I can appreciate the safety of silence afforded me, I can't ignore the urge in my heart to seek answers and information.
 
I am fully aware I may never get that which I seek.
 
But try I must.
 
 
It's easy to do it for you.
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if I have ever read Bridgie's birth story...Is it on your blog somewhere? Did you guys leave the hospital without any Doctors telling you she had Ds?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.