You're gonna want this back.
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast.
These are some good times so take a good look around.
You may not know it now, but you're gonna miss this.
Lying on the floor in Erin's room at bed time last nite, I could not get this song out of my head. Instead of thinking of the one thousand things I needed to get done, like I usually do, I started thinking of the fun morning we had with some great friends. Bike riding, playing at the park, and "NO NUTS" (donuts in Eoin speak)!
Baby, Just Slow Down!
I wish I had been able to take more pictures of all the kids this day, however, the battery in my camera was exhausted. Shocker!
My friend Melissa and I had a chance to have some coffee and watch the kids ride around the court. It always amazes me how aware they actually are. 3 five year olds on big bikes, 2 three year olds on trikes, 1 2 year old wandering around, and one in a stroller, all in a 15 foot by 20 foot space and no accidents. They are remarkably adept at staying out of each other's way. We had a good chuckle after overhearing this conversation...
Kate: "Erin, you wanna play like we're 7?"
Erin: "YEAH!"
Gavin: "Yeah, and I'll be 5!"
I wonder what 7 and 5 year olds do that 5 and 3 year olds don't...
On another note, Bridgie was caught putting her hair into pig tails this week.
And she wore them all day, even through her nap!
Erin would have had those suckers out in 3.2 seconds.
(thanks Aunt Melissa for the minnie shirt)
We had a nice, slow, family filled weekend. Mine started with an early morning breakfast with Bridgie.
She told me in no uncertain terms that the wrapper of that nutri-grain bar was hers!
The bar itself was good too.
We spent Saturday afternoon with our good friends, the Mannings, and the rest of the Kelly cousins at Ethan and Austen's 2nd Birthday party.
Bridgie devoured the attention from McKenzie and Brady!
On Sunday, we went to Kinder Farm Park to see the new baby pigs. Mommy and Daddy got some much needed one on one time with each of the kids.
Girlfriend loves to feel the breeze and tries to catch it with her tongue!
Apparently he missed the "NO Drinking and Sliding" Sign.
Independent, adventurous, and non stop. Is this my Erin? So proud of how far she has come.
Erin and Daddy enjoyed a bowl of Ice cream to cap off a wonderful weekend.
Daddy: "Erin, this is fun. We should do this more often."
Erin: "Yes, yes we should".
Erin's sense of humor has exploded. She tells made up knock knock jokes that are actually funny. She "gets" the humor in shows like Phineas and Ferb. And she is able to turn events from her day into funny stories.
Erin: "Hey Mom, today at school I told "Mary" and "Sally" that Rapunzel hit Flynn Rider over the head with a Frying Pan. And they just stared at me".
Me: "What do you mean?"
Erin: "You know, stared at me, like this...(insert, bug eyed picture of Erin)." Raucous laughter ensues.
Yeah, I'm gonna miss this.
Love this! And somehow Bridgie seems so much bigger than the last time I saw her! Just love it.
ReplyDeleteLove that song too. Love Trace Atkins and love that song. And I have to see those Bridgie pig tails in person soon!
ReplyDeleteI did not know it was Trace Atkins till I looked up the lyrics and I was pleasantly surprised. I have the song on my ipod and inevitably it comes one while I am working out. Then I start crying and gasping for air and each time I think "I have got to get this song off of here". And I never do because it is one of God's ways of helping me keep it real.
ReplyDeleteNow's the time to start writing down all of the silly things that the kids say because you won't remember them when they are grown. Jer used to say some pretty funny things when he was little, but we only ever got one on paper. and it helps you to remember just how clever they were when they were young.
ReplyDeleteYou are right, Jenny. That is the main reason for this blog!
ReplyDelete