We're going on a trip!
We're going on a trip!
It's thrilling to be filling with such wild anticipation.
Packing the suitcases
And counting off the days-is
Nearly as exciting as the actual vacation.
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
My excitement's getting stronger.
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
I really can't wait much longer.
Meeting some new faces
And going to new places.
By bus, by car, or even boat, perhaps we'll take train.
By Moose A. Moose and Zee
Thanks to songs such as this on Nick Jr., shows like Toot and Puddle and the Little Einsteins, and the few trips we have taken with the kids, Erin and Eoin are "counting down the days" until our trip to Myrtle Beach over the 4th of July holiday.
I have such fond memories of Myrtle Beach as a kid. The little pools that form at low tide, perfect for little people. Floating on rafts in the calm waves, getting sunburned like no other, and eating at "all you can eat" Callabash restaurants.
I particularly enjoyed the travel to places as a kid. I can remember when I was finally able to read the Pedro signs for myself. My parents would tell you a different story about my behavior in the car on long trips, but I truly did enjoy them. Perhaps that is why I enjoy driving around in the car so much with the kids. Or maybe it is just because they are strapped in and can't touch me!!!
Nevertheless, the anticipation is nearly as exciting as the actual vacation. At least the trip there anyways.
Eoin on his way to "china, mom".
The plane ride to China
Erin and I took a mini trip to Lancaster, Pa to see her cousin McKenzie's big dance recital. Two hours up and two hours back. Home after 11:30 pm. Some people might say it is not worth it and stay home. But to me it's these little adventures and the wonder and awe in a little girls eyes that makes it WELL worth it. The performance was at the sight and sound theater which was wondrous in itself. Great work McKenzie, we love you! Erin is all ready to take Irish dance class next year.
So, it's 19 days and counting until we leave for Myrtle Beach.
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
My excitement's getting stronger.
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
I really can't wait much longer.
Love your posts, they are so relatable...thanks for sharing, we are going on our own adventure to Nags Head tomorrow! Cant wait!
ReplyDeleteThe Kelly's r counting down the days too!!!!
ReplyDeleteMom made her food list today, Tim knows
how many more shifts...we can't wait!!!!!