US

US

Monday, March 26, 2012

Baltimore, D.C.


Car Conversation:

Eoin- "I wanna go to the see-um (museum)"

Erin- "Eoin, It's taking so long because it's in Baltimore, D.C......"

"And that's not even in our country!"


Yesterday we went to the Walters Art Museum in Baltimore


Erin was invited to a student artist reception where her artwork was on display.



Erin and her classmates learned about Chinese pottery and calligraphy and then created their own samples.






Erin and her classmate were given certificates for their artistic achievement at a brief gathering in the sculpture court. 



After the ceremony we celebrated in the cafe with a 'big cookie', some chips and a 'brown soda'.

Eoin says Erin you keep achieving so I can have more 'brown soda'!!

I was worried about Eoin in the 'see-um'  thinking he would be bored, hyper, and uncooperative.

Boy did he prove me wrong!!!


Happy for his sister,


Serious about observing bugs and butterflies,


And enthusiastic about exhibits.


"What can we see now".  "Let's go find some more fings to see"

Erin and Eoin really enjoyed some of the larger sculptures of people.  We played a game called 'what is missing?'

You know arms, noses, heads....

Eoin wanted to know 'what happen to he nose?'

I told him they were very old sculptures and they had been broken.

"broked?  Who did it? Who broked the noses?"

I asked him 'did you do it?"

"NOOOOO"

I said, I know....'Bridgie did it!'

"NOOOO, he too wittwle"

We learned some very valuable lessons as well.

Like whispering and how to pronounce sarcophagus.

Erin found a painting of Jesus resurrecting a young girl from her death bed.  She was very intrigued by this and learned what resurrecting means.
She wished she had some paper and markers with  her so she could draw some of the things she saw.

As for Bridgie, she did what she does best, make friends with  all the guards and women with long hair!!!!



A very wonderfully fun and exciting family day!




3 comments:

  1. Congrats Erin!! What a great family day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Erin! I know this is the first in what will be a long line of artistic achievements. I'm proud we'll be able to say "We knew her when..."! :) Looks like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tribute to Erin's creativity, Eoin's curiosity, Bridgie's magnetism and Mom and Dad's love, support and sense of adventure! I know you will treasure these times! XOXO Barb

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.