US

US

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Fundraising...


I know, I know, you'd rather bite down on a cold metal bar.

Trust me.  I have a love/hate relationship with Fundraising. 

In my ole days of coaching when students or parents approached me about fundraisers,

Well,

I went screaming the other way!!!

However, I have learned that despite my belief that money cannot buy happiness it sure comes in handy and is a necessity for organizations to run.

Personally, It's not about the money it's about the message.

Last year fundraising for Team Travis I learned a valuable lesson.

Fundraising is rather easy with the social media tools available to us.

While Team Travis' mission is to

Honor the Fallen by Challenging the Living

Best Buddies aims to

Create opportunities for one-to-one friendships, employment, and leadership for people with developmental disabilities.

And  to

Take the pledge!


Now who does not want to stand behind this?


It's personal, it's a commitment, it's harder in your mind than reality.


"Be the Change you want to see"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.