I didn't know sending Bridgie to school was going to paralyze me.
I didn't know that something so simple as sending a child to pre-school would be so complex.
I didn't know that I would be so emotional, irrational, and confused.
I didn't know about the new fears and pressures and logistics.
I didn't know that I would flounder and flail and fret.
I didn't know that I wouldn't have the answer.
I didn't know.
I felt the same way when I sent my kiddo to preschool last year. I still feel a bit out of sorts sometimes when I drop him off. I don't think that feeling is going to go away any time soon, at least for me. I'd like to be more calm about it, but having a non-verbal child does not put me at ease!
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting. I don't think it will go away either but I think I can be more clear headed and listen to my own intuition better. :)
DeleteAh! I am not ready yet for preschool! The preschool that my daughter attends just sent out registration forms for next year and Ben *could* go as a 2 year old, just one or two days a week. But I'm just not ready.
ReplyDeleteI am not ready either and I am doing it and that is what is so confusing. Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteTry to see it through Bridgie's eyes. If you see her happy and well-adjusted, it might give you a few moments of solace. Not that it makes it all better, but it might help.
ReplyDeleteHugs! I still feel that way sometimes. The school stuff just seems hard. At least some school districts; harder than it should be. Hopefully things will go smoothly for everyone!
ReplyDeleteOh it's a big step out into the world but you will see how happy it makes her and the progress that she will make with other children! Hugs and hang in there... Parenting is not for the faint of heart.
ReplyDeleteI found the preschool transition harder than the school transition but my daughter ended up THRIVING at preschool - I hope yours will too.
ReplyDeleteWe register our boys for preschool next week and I am actually sick about it. Sorry to hear you are feeling this way but also lets me know I'm not alone in my feelings. I hope things get better for you.
ReplyDelete