US

US

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

How do you know...

 
 
 
It's time to go back on medication.
If you are a person who deals with depression you know that it can ebb and flow.
You know, after many bouts, what the signs are.
You know, when you are not a crier and you are crying bucktets.
You know, when you are an avid exercise enthusiast and you can't even fathom 20 minutes.
You know, when you could close your eyes anywhere and fall asleep.
You know, when you crave ice cream more than that time of the month.
You know, when you are so angry at yourself you could spit.
You know, when you pick up the phone to call your doctor and your hand shakes and you wonder if you are going to cry on the phone with the secretary.
You know, when nothing gives you joy.
You know it's time to tear the roof off the mother sucker.....
 
 

 
 
3 pm Monday

6 comments:

  1. My son-in-law is suffering from depression. We're trying to understand exactly what that means and how we can help. Hoping your medication works and you're back to your joyful, dry-eyed, exercising self soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. I already feel hope just swallowing the pills. It takes time to build up in your system. Medication is a tool not the answer for me. My best advice is to be understanding and listen. It's not something you just 'get over' it takes work. Wishing him well.

      Delete
  2. Never has a post been more relatable for me. I just went back on meds this week because of every single thing you said here. Here's hoping we both find our joy again. I know I am for sure going to be with you on this journey to find it or get it back. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hoping for joy for both of us in the coming months!

      Delete
  3. Medication has been helping me a lot. I don't want to get off of it, but I am fearful of flailing in depression again. As it is, I have a lot of trouble coping. I hope your mood can be regulated again soon. I know just how difficult it is. Thank you for sharing so honestly about the signs and symptoms of depression. Too few people know how to deal with it or understand it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct too few people want to even discuss it. Thanks for reading and commenting it is really helpful.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.