Linking up with Growing Home for Teach me Tuesdays
One of my favorite blogs is Mennonite girls can cook
I make and modify many of their recipes and it is where I found out about the Red Sea Place.
(read about that here http://brylfamily5.blogspot.com/2012/07/faith-and-disability.html)
Recently a recipe for Spaghetti Pie was posted and it looked yummy.
However, I am not much for pasta anymore and immediately thought I wonder if it will work with Spaghetti Squash instead of noodles.
So I tried it.
I cut my Squash in half and cooked it for an hour at 350.
Then I mixed up the following.
Small onion chopped, 6 oz of cherry tomatoes chopped, 10 oz of tomato paste, 1T of garlic powder, 1T of dried oregano, 1 small zucchini chopped.
I cooked the onion and zucchini in 1/2 T of olive oil before I added it to the mix.
I also added a couple splashes of water for mixing purposes.
Using a fork I scraped the squash skin clean.
I added 2 eggs and whisked the squash and egg until coated.
Became a little frothy but cooked away.
I spread the squash in the bottom of a pie plate.
Layered with 3/4 cup of cheddar jack cheese.
Spread the tomato mixture on top and baked for 20 minutes at 350.
After 20 minutes I added a 1/4 cup of the cheddar jack to the top and baked for 5 more minutes.
I did not get an after picture because of these rascals and a swim workout that was looming!
Eoin said "egsthchseh, ew grossty",
Bridgie said ''mmmmmm, more please", in sign of course,
and Erin tried a bite of squash and zucchini separately of course and said
"no, thank you"
And Jerry loved it.
I liked it too but will play around with the sauce so that it absorbs into some of the squash next time.
Was very filling after the swim too!
Looks yummy!
ReplyDeleteThis looks delicious! Thank you! Pinning this.
ReplyDelete