US

US

Monday, October 1, 2012

Sacrifice



Sacrifice




(press play first!, then come back and read)


I don't make it easy.  And I don't deserve it but somehow you love me anyway.

Yes, you, Jerry Michael Bryl.

Sacrifice.

Surrendering your evenings, bearing the brunt of me not being home, my moodiness, exhaustion, and selfishness.

Surrendering any chances of golf or running or any personal time for that matter.

Behind every Ironman is either a fully supportive spouse, family, and friends or divorce and carnage.

I am lucky.

I had the full support.  And in time of doubt and throwing in the towel, the following words:

'You CAN'T quit.  Because WE are not doing this again!'

Perspective.  Tough Love.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  Thank you for being there for the whole ride.  Thank you for the surprises along the way.  Thank you for 'getting it'.

Thank you for sacrificing with a smile on your face.

Thank you for ensuring that the children were not making too many sacrifices.

As much as we butt heads, I think we make a pretty good team.



And after spending ALL day Saturday chasing me around the Blackwater Refuge with this sign, you said Sunday morning:

"Maybe it's my turn for a triathlon"

As I saw the tear in your eye several times during the brunch I knew full understanding of this remarkable journey had been attained. 

It is your turn. Whatever the dream may be.

I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Cindy, I am so very proud of you!!!! I am thrilled you were able to realize your dream of successfully completing an ironman triathlon before 40, and especially glad you succeeded on the first try! You are an amazing woman, an amazing wife and mother, and an inspiration to so many people around you... I love you Cindy-Lou! Congratulations! And thanks for setting up the all-day babysitters so I could immerse myself in your big day! It was a very emotional day for both of us!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.